YOU MUST SECURE A CHINESE VISA TO ATTEND THE 2017 CELA CONFERENCE IN BEIJING
Please note that a Chinese Visa is required for almost all registrants to the 2017 CELA Conference in Beijing. Those planning to attend should initiate their Visa applications right away. We first recommend that you review this link: http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/hrsq/
Visa applicants are free to use special services to help with the application process. While CELA does not endorse a particular entity for Visa application assistance, the China Visa Service Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) is an example of one such service. Their Visa processing fees may be found at: http://www.mychinavisa.com/china-visa/business-visa/
People from most countries will be required to obtain a visa to enter the People's Republic of China. CELA 2017 participants who are required to apply for a visa to enter China can apply for a Chinese visa at the nearest Embassy or Consulate of China in your respective country.
For some visa applications, the process could take some time to complete, depending on your country of origin and certain visa restrictions. So we would like to suggest you complete registration for the conference, and start the visa application process as early as possible.
There are two types of visas available for those applying for entry into China. One is the Tourist Visa which lasts for 10 years and which does not require an invitation letter. Another is the Business Visa (primarily for cultural exchange) which lasts for only one year and DOES require an invitation letter.
* Tourist Visa: To apply for this category, you need to have booked roundtrip flights and hotel. For booking a room at the conference hotel, go to: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/beijing/pegsh/hoteldetail
* Business Visa: To apply for this category, you need to have an invitation letter. Neither flight information nor hotel information is required, however.
As conference hosts, we can issue you an invitation letter for your visa with the necessary signature and official stamp. If you need, please follow the instructions below.
- Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit:
Please contact us at email@example.com and submit necessary information as below before March 26, 2017.
1. Scan copy of passport photo page.
2. CELA registration confirmation letter.
3. Scan copy of Work ID or Student ID card.
The average processing time is 2-3 weeks, and then we will send the invitation letter to you by email directly.
1. Please submit information once per person. Multiple submissions may result in invalidation.
2. You should guarantee that all information provided is true and correct.
3. Due to the large expected number of inquiries, we can only reply to invitation letter queries AFTER you have paid your conference registration fee. Click here to the registration page.
4. General visa information should be obtained from your local Embassy or Consulate of China.
5. For your information, here is the new Chinese requirements for visa photographs http://thecela.org/1215-2/